Tuesday, August 24, 2010

CONGRATULATIONS JIMENA NAVARETTE-MISS UNIVERSE 2010

Monday, August 23, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada

Jimena Navarette, Miss Mexico wins Miss Universe! Felicitaciones Munequita.... 

Now let's talk about Miss Universe....It was kinda odd this year...change is not totally right, now this is my opinion and personal observations.

I have grown up with Miss Universe and have seen all the changes..One of them is obviously killing me, most of the previous winners have won in white gowns, the last couple of years they have won in colors: reds, yellows, blues, all we need now is someone to win in black....This year no one wore white except for Albania who wore a whitish somewhat see threw gown.

Another thing, If we are going to rate and/or grade the girls, those points should mean something. By my calculations, their were some delegates in the top 5 that should not have been there. So why show points if their not going to be used.

In the past, correct me if I am wrong but I believe the top ten were asked a question to feel them out and get their impressions; then right after the top 5 were announced, again correct me if I am wrong.

(Photo courtesy of Miss Universe Organization)

Maybe it was me but this year I saw less time with the girls and more time about the sponsors and the entertainment; which by the way was a little lame....

Okay, now how many crowns need to be changed. Every year they change the crown, I was getting used too Mikimoto and boom the crown is changed. How about going back to the original big bulky crown that everyone knew just by a quick glimpse.

How about the bathing suits, was this Miss Universe or Playboy? Trust me, I'm a designer, I'm use to seeing women in very little or no clothes but what happened to Jensen and that kind of swimwear?

I love pageants especially Miss Universe, can't we go back to basics, elegance and really probe women's minds and not the popularity of controversy. Your thoughts?

Thanks,

Viktor

No comments:

Post a Comment